Who We Are
As an impact investor, Advantage’s mission is to bring businesses, technologies and jobs to communities that have historically lacked access to investment capital, while also generating competitive returns for our investors proving that conscious capitalism is possible. Since 1992, Advantage Capital has invested more than $3.1 billion in over 775 companies, spanning a diverse array of industry sectors. We’ve built a sterling track record of public-private partnerships with state and federal governments and private institutional investors, directly creating tens of thousands of jobs in underserved communities and industries.
We love what we do. We fundamentally believe that capital can change lives and we go to great lengths to give our firm the opportunity to reach the hardest hit communities in the U.S. with much needed investment. For anyone considering joining our high - performing firm, know that we value: a growth mindset (never fixed), a fast but enduring work pace (rarely slow), the ability to work autonomously (no micromanaging), getting things done (talk is cheap), an all-hands-on-deck culture (a true team), a love of hard-to-solve problems (that others won’t attempt), and the character to do the right thing (always).
As a member of the investment team, the Analyst works on deal teams to evaluate and monitor potential and existing private equity and subordinated debt investments in traditionally underserved, rural, or distressed markets. The Analyst works with deal team leads to create and present investment memorandums and financial models for committee review and manage portfolio companies post-close. Additionally, the Analyst leads various internal investment and fund data reports for senior investment team members.
The Analyst’s purpose is to be a value-add team member of the deal team through the individuals’ financial, writing, and communicative skills.
- Evaluate potential equity and/or debt investments in operating companies in various industries, which provide a measurable impact alongside financial return.
- Meet with management teams and tour facilities across the United States. One- to two-days of travel is typically necessary once every few months.
- Work on deal teams during the due diligence process, underwriting, and closing of private equity and subordinated debt transactions.
- Prepare financial models and help create internal investment memorandums for presentation to investment committee.
- Work with senior deal team members in portfolio-company monitoring activities (i.e. quarterly reviews, board calls, follow-on investments).
- Be a point-of-contact for existing portfolio companies.
- Lead various internal investment and fund data reports for senior investment team members.
- Learn the program structures of New Market Tax Credits, Solar, Rural Jobs & Investments Act and other state and federal programs.
- Work with legislative and compliance team to capture investment impact and job data.
Proficiency in Microsoft Office; investment underwriting and risk assessment; financial analysis and modeling; and internal and external communication. Undergraduate degree is required; Zero - two years of experience required
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)