Advantage Capital (“AC”) provides equity and debt financing to established and emerging companies located in communities underserved by conventional sources of capital.
Since 1992, AC has invested more than $2 billion in companies from a diverse array of industry sectors including manufacturing, technology and business services, among others. The firm has offices in New York, New Orleans, St. Louis, Austin, Napa and other locations.
AC has built a strong and successful track record of raising and deploying investment funds in conjunction with state/federal economic development initiatives. The firm seeks investments that have the potential to generate both superior investment returns and meaningful community impact and uses this double bottom line approach to measure its success.
Role and Responsibilities
Working closely with senior AC personnel, the Analysts will:
- perform outreach for investment sourcing with industry participants and financial intermediaries;
- evaluate debt and equity investment opportunities;
- complete financial analysis and modeling, industry research and general due diligence on potential investments;
- assist in the negotiation and structuring of debt and equity transactions;
- draft and present investment memos detailing transactions, companies and industries;
- assist in managing outside counsel, accountants and lenders in closing transactions and exiting investments;
- support AC portfolio companies with various strategic, financial and operational issues;
- contribute to the firm’s investment reporting activities with fund limited partners and regulatory agencies; and
- prepare various information and analyses for periodic fundraising activities;
AC is seeking motivated, confident and articulate individuals with 1-3 years’ post-undergraduate experience who possess generalist (no particular industry focus required) debt and/or equity investment experience. Relevant internship experience will be valued.
The successful candidate will:
- have a background in private equity/venture capital, investment banking, operational consulting, and/or commercial banking;
- demonstrate a track record of high achievement in demanding academic settings, preferably within accounting or finance;
- have strong oral and written communication skills as well as sharp financial and analytical capabilities;
- be a self-starter who is eager to grab responsibility and assignments;
- ability to work autonomously, be proactive, multi-task, prioritize, communicate and function on a small team in a collegial environment;
- strong work ethic, integrity and ability to take direction; and
- always be a team player able to collaborate with AC colleagues across geographically-separated offices.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)