Senior Tax Associate
Who We Are
As an impact investor, Advantage’s mission is to bring businesses, technologies and jobs to communities that have historically lacked access to investment capital, while also generating competitive returns for our investors proving that conscious capitalism is possible. Since 1992, Advantage Capital has invested more than $3.4 billion in over 780 companies, spanning a diverse array of industry sectors. We have built a sterling track record of public-private partnerships with state and federal governments and private institutional investors, directly creating tens of thousands of jobs in underserved communities and industries.
We love what we do. We fundamentally believe that capital can change lives and we go to great lengths to give our firm the opportunity to reach the hardest hit communities in the U.S. with much needed investment. For anyone considering joining our high-performing firm, know that we value: a growth mindset (never fixed), a fast but enduring work pace (rarely slow), the ability to work autonomously (no micromanaging), getting things done (talk is cheap), an all-hands-on-deck culture (a true team), a love of hard-to-solve problems (that others won’t attempt), and the character to do the right thing (always).
We are seeking a detail-oriented Senior Tax Associate to perform a wide range of income tax compliance support functions for a complex tiered partnership business structure. Opportunity for advancement within the tax department based on demonstrated abilities. We are looking for an individual who is efficient and comfortable being a member of a team. The ideal candidate for this job is resourceful, a good problem solver and organized. Assuring a steady completion of workload in a timely manner is key to success in this position.
- Preparation of federal and state partnership income tax returns and tax work papers
- Transition responsibilities into a review capacity as business knowledge is gained
- Maintain tax basis balance sheets and capital accounts for partnership
- Review tax filings by outside tax service providers to ensure the accurate reporting of income taxes
- Assist with special projects and year end planning
- Compute quarterly tax estimates for fund partners
- Perform technical research on a broad range of topics and provide actionable recommendations
- Review tax returns prepared by outside provider agency
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related degree. CPA preferred, but not required.
- 4 plus years of income tax compliance experience including some experience with partnership taxation. Experience in public accounting a plus.
- Detail oriented and comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent analytical skills, motivation and confidence to work independently.
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Experience with ONESOURCE Income Tax compliance software a plus.
- Ability to interface with other departments and those outside our organization in a manner that professionally represents our Company.
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)