Who We Are
As an impact investor, Advantage’s mission is to bring businesses, technologies and jobs to communities that have historically lacked access to investment capital, while also generating competitive returns for our investors proving that conscious capitalism is possible. Since 1992, Advantage Capital has invested more than $3.1 billion in over 775 companies, spanning a diverse array of industry sectors. We’ve built a sterling track record of public-private partnerships with state and federal governments and private institutional investors, directly creating tens of thousands of jobs in underserved communities and industries.
We love what we do. We fundamentally believe that capital can change lives and we go to great lengths to give our firm the opportunity to reach the hardest hit communities in the U.S. with much needed investment. For anyone considering joining our high - performing firm, know that we value: a growth mindset (never fixed), a fast but enduring work pace (rarely slow), the ability to work autonomously (no micromanaging), getting things done (talk is cheap), an all-hands-on-deck culture (a true team), a love of hard-to-solve problems (that others won’t attempt), and the character to do the right thing (always).
Intern Program Benefits
As an intern at Advantage, we value the work our interns contribute to the Advantage team; each intern participates in productive and relevant projects within their team. In addition to completing invigorating and challenging
assignments, we provide additional experiences to enhance every intern’s experience. A few of these benefits include:
● An engaging and educational orientation process, providing interns the space to connect with leaders, fellow team members, and other interns while learning about Advantage and specific job functions.
● Supportive mentor experience with a young Advantage professional who serves as a resource and networking connection at Advantage.
● Opportunities to connect and network with leaders within Advantage through virtual Q&A sessions, business line presentations, and more!
● An opportunity to collaborate with fellow interns on a meaningful capstone project
The Impact Intern will be responsible for various projects involving research and analytics, social medial content, and data copy production. This role will assist the Impact and Communications Teams while gaining valuable experience in AC’s multifaceted business of finance, investment, and impact. This position is ideal for an individual with strong critical thinking skills, superb writing ability and intellectual curiosity around legislation. This position is a seasonal internship, beginning June 1st and ending August 6th. Interns work full time at 40 hrs/week.
- Assists in the MO Federal Reserve Bank project
- o Prioritizes extensive research of the Reserve’s employees, region, and other pertinent company demographics, as well as on other AC company partners
- o Performs general and targeted research of company demographics
- o Analyzes and presents research findings to the Communications Team
- o Identifies the trends in data to create compelling stories through targeted writing
- Supports the Communications Team on special projects and research as needed
- o Edits and enhances PowerPoint presentations with a quick turnaround time
- Utilizes critical thinking skills to research, review, and assess the impacts of policy, finance, and social sciences within various assignments
- Monitors and manages social media content, its outreach, and its response
- o Follows company social media outlets and makes recommendations for placement and content
- o Identifies media opportunities by connecting current human-interest stories to the work and the impact of Advantage Capital’s business lines
- o Recommends and creates data copy for social media, blog articles, internal communications, and hardcopy publications
● Rising junior or senior in related undergraduate degree program
● Proficiency in Microsoft Office skills (Teams, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills with emphasis on targeted, impact and persuasive writing
● Intellectual curiosity around legislation and double-bottom line impact investing
● Intermediate experience in best business and finance practices
● Attention to detail with the ability to work virtually with minimal supervision
(if you already have a resume on Indeed)